This tote is sewn exactly like the other totes Bobbie created, with one difference - here the handles are split, because Bobbie decided to try something different. These split handles can be tied together, or a button and buttonhole can be added for closure.
Here is a detailed instruction for sewing a tote bag just like this one. And below come some photos in process of sewing this very specific tote.
1. Designer fabric - white with pink stripes.
2. Pink fabric for the lining and handles.
3. Some stiffning fabric/stabilizer (optional).
4. Black Cats machine embroidery designs.
5. A piece of pink ribbon, preferably with white dots, about 1-inch wide.
|This photo shows the fabric used for the inside lining of the tote|
|This is the process of adding a small pocket to the lining|
|Here Bobbie is sewing pink handles to the outer side of the tote|
|Closing the tote bottom|
|The tote nearly ready, with lining still open|
|Adding a securing and decorative line of stitches to the tote top|
|Tote ready, with a gorgeous dotty ribbon added to it's side!|